Skip to main content

My Monthly Reset

 This is an in-depth look at all the organization and routines I repeat weekly, monthly, and quarterly. A huge part of this system to reconnect with myself is my journal. I try to journal every day, and I write about whatever I did that day, what my thoughts are, to-do lists. At the end of the month, I like to reread my reflections from the previous month. I indulge in looking back and getting a sense of who i was that month and how that month impacted me. Another part of my journaling process is my Return to Inspiration: Vision Board blog posts. I ask myself the same set of questions as well, and these are questions that I pulled from positive psychologists and people like Brene Brown. I will ask myself if I reached my financial goals, and what are 2 of my financial goals that month? 


What are some of the accomplishments you achieved this month?

What do you wish you had done in the previous month?

The word of the year is peace. How did you find peace this month? What brought you peace? 

Monthly Income.

Important Dates. 


In a book called Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway, it talks about the 9 sectors of your life. This includes your relationship, your friendship relationships, your family, your work, personal growth, hobbies, fitness, and travel. susan Jeffers calls this the Life Grid and you can prioritize different aspects of your life. Journaling is how I track my big life decisions and how my mindset evolves, and while I'm rereading my journals I'll see where I'm spending too much of my energy, or recognize that I made good decisions for myself. I'll look at these "sections" of my life and I try to put energy into those sections that provide the most meaning and purpose. I read a quote on my old blog from the book Happiness, and it was "productivity increases happiness." But not mindless productivity, put your energy into what makes you whole.  I'll set intentions and another journal "prompt" I do is Manifest Journaling, which is journaling from your future self. I'll write in the present tense, as if I already have the nice house or car, just imaging a better life. 

I've been wanting to increase our monthly income for example, this is the only way to solve our debt problem. November was the first month that we made over $2000, which is what we need to live by and tackle our debt. I am still in the red but I feel much better about it than I did last month. I can see that in my journal entries and all the cash stuffing reports. 

Expressing my passion projects into my journal helps me sort out which projects I want to work on. I know in the future there will be a website. I know I will be reopening my bookshop. I posted my first gameplay ever this month and I felt really good about sharing it, and I think I will start making commentary. Games is a visual story telling and I think it will be interesting and unique to the channel.

Journaling is my way of keeping accountable. When I read that I broke promises to myself, that I didn't quit a bad habit after 2 weeks of writing about it, I can figure out what hasn't worked and keep going. I have made my own videos on How to Be Productive - Parkinson's Law, and another video topic I'd like to cover is How to Break Bad Habits. Journaling is essential to my habit tracking. I personally love reading but I don't find myself reading the books I want, so I want to implement a habit to enjoy reading again.

I divide my year planner into 4 quarters, and every month I look at my Weekly Overviews. I don't look at each day individually, looking at 365 days in the year is more overwhelming than seeing the year as 54 weeks, or 52 Chapters.

It's crazy to see how much we change in a year. My idea about myself changes month to month. Life is really hard, this progress reports gives me hope in my dreams and to be easy on myself. It's the end of 2022 and there is a lot I didn't accomplish, however, I stayed true to myself. I learned so much about boundaries on my road to peace. I didn't stop working hard. I still love fiercely. I am much stronger than I was before. 

At the beginning of every month, I make sure to ask myself the questions I wrote in the beginning. Then I set monthly goals, and a monthly budget. I make a small calendar, a tiny quick glance to see upcoming important dates like pay dates and when bills are due or birthdays. This is when I take a look at my quarterly goals - is it to save $1000? is it to finish the first draft of my novel? is it to visit my family in Florida? did I apply for substituting? my quarterly goals gaurtente my success in my long term concordant goals. 

To teach in a classroom. To own my own small bookstore. To be a published author. All those big dreams. And my small dreams. To repair the apartment. To fix my teeth. To get an ebike. 


speaking of work, I'll continue this post later

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free to E-Bike- $54.02

 It dawned on me that I've been making money from free inventory these last two months. It's a risk free way to get into clothes. I think I have sold more clothes than books.  There was the Free Inventory I received from my neighbor. I was able to get more needful clothes for myself, and I've already sold a few items. Then there was the free inventory I got from the school bus lost and found.  I decided to do a fun series where I save up for a used car. I use my Mercari money for my dental transformation and that is a separate series. I already have a video called Mercari Buys Me Glasses.  Here is my video sourcing at the Lost and Found, I've made two: Not everyone Can source here...free inventory Sourcing at the Lost and Found Recently, on Ebay, I sold this Reebok sweater. It sold for $13.00 buyer paid $4.99 shipping. His total was $19.25, and my profit was $8.92. The Nike blue lunch box was a surprise sell for me, so I went back and picked up the other lunch boxes. It

Goodwill Resell for Profit - Did I Make My Money Back?

    On May 5th I went to Goodwill and purchased books to resell in my secondhand bookshop. I spent a total of $24.67 at Goodwill, but $2 was for personal use. I have already made my money back on these books!        I want to take a look at the sales that came through so far, now everything else in my Goodwill haul that sells will be 100% profit. I also wrote in my previous blog post that I hoped to make my money by the 20th, and it's the 22nd.  The first sale was this Rainbow Brite , like new, book. I listed it for $13 and someone made an offer for $10 within 24 hours of listing. My COG was .99, the selling fee was 1.00 and the processing fee was .91. $8.09 was deposited into my Mercari account. After COG, my profit was $7.10. I am trying to make my money back as fast as possible with this Goodwill experiment. I sent offers to likers and gave a whopping $5 off for this fantasy book lot, the buyer accepted for $17 and paid for shipping.  I forgot that my COG was .99 cents and not

What Sold January 15-21 (My First Week Back!) I turned .25 cents into $13.49!

 I can't believe that the same week I started listing I got sales!! There were three occasions, all sunny afternoons at the end of January between 3 pm and 5pm, right before it got too dark to take pictures. I took photos of all new inventory and chose Pango Books and Mercari to start listing.  There has been a lot of promotions on my Facebook page, the social media platform I spend most of my time on. I joined some facebook groups for resellers. I decided on my next paycheck, I wanted to buy my domain. This side hustle was my dream job, maybe being a teacher feels out of reach. But I've always wanted to be a writer. A bookseller, being my own business owner, maybe. Just maybe that's what I can do!  My reselling goal is to make what I made at my survival job. (I got paid $12/hour and worked 16 hours a week. Some weeks I worked 22 hours.) I'll be satisfied if I make any where between $80- $170. I listed a total of ___ books to each platform, and a total of 3 books sold.