Skip to main content

Budget With Me// Sept. 1- 11

 Budget With Me Topics:

Caleb Hammer's Financial Audit // Printing Monthly Statement and Tracking Your BS Spending // New Chime Account // The Reverse Budget 

Short Term Financial Goals 

(1-3 month time frame / 90 days ) 

Get another part time job or better paying job with good company // save $1k in a month

Long Term Financial Goals

(Year)

Have $10k saved

Monthly income of 3-5k

Printing Monthly Statement and Tracking Your BS Spending 

Family Dollar $312.66

Byron $80

Repayment $26.25

Donuts $20.69

Taco Bell $21.91

Shell $28.45

Conession Stand $14.61

Google $6.48

Steam: $21.64

SWEPCO: $204.48

Deposits:

Ebay $8.57 Sept 4
Depop $84.35 Sept Sept 5
Ebay $6.34 Sept 5
Mercari $16 Sept 5
Ebay $3.78 Sept 6
ABM $274.25 Sept 6

(I brought in $393.29 so far this month in September. Most of that has been spent at family dollar, as you can see above.)

ADDED CASH $835 Sept 9

After calculating, you're left with $519.57. My Cash App Shows that we have $506.54. That's $15 unaccounted for, but probably went to food. 

Recommendations:


NO SPEND DAYS 

FOOD Assistance

Higher Paying Job

Quit Smoking

The Reverse Budget

The goal is to focus on paying myself first and reaching my financial goals first by using two bank accounts. I use online banking apps like Cash App and now Chime. (I was going to do SoFi, but thought I'd wait until I got a better job to join due to a promotion that lasts until the end of the year 2023.)

I need to finish setting Chime up. The goal is to deposit money from my paychecks into Chime for the bills. I will also change my Ebay, Depop, and Mercari to use Chime as a business account. 

I find online banking easier than going to a physical bank. With the Reverse Budget, I allocate the funds first to my needs and goals. You start by setting aside a certain amount of money to save up. After you put your savings away, you can spend what's left guilt free. This way, you don't have to track every dollar you spend.

One tip was to name your savings goal. My savings goal is to have 1k in 60 days. Why? Because I need peace of mind. It's a small amount but Dave Ramsey says it's the mindset that's  most important. A lot of folk can't save that much because of their mindset.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free to E-Bike- $54.02

 It dawned on me that I've been making money from free inventory these last two months. It's a risk free way to get into clothes. I think I have sold more clothes than books.  There was the Free Inventory I received from my neighbor. I was able to get more needful clothes for myself, and I've already sold a few items. Then there was the free inventory I got from the school bus lost and found.  I decided to do a fun series where I save up for a used car. I use my Mercari money for my dental transformation and that is a separate series. I already have a video called Mercari Buys Me Glasses.  Here is my video sourcing at the Lost and Found, I've made two: Not everyone Can source here...free inventory Sourcing at the Lost and Found Recently, on Ebay, I sold this Reebok sweater. It sold for $13.00 buyer paid $4.99 shipping. His total was $19.25, and my profit was $8.92. The Nike blue lunch box was a surprise sell for me, so I went back and picked up the other lunch boxes. It

Goodwill Resell for Profit - Did I Make My Money Back?

    On May 5th I went to Goodwill and purchased books to resell in my secondhand bookshop. I spent a total of $24.67 at Goodwill, but $2 was for personal use. I have already made my money back on these books!        I want to take a look at the sales that came through so far, now everything else in my Goodwill haul that sells will be 100% profit. I also wrote in my previous blog post that I hoped to make my money by the 20th, and it's the 22nd.  The first sale was this Rainbow Brite , like new, book. I listed it for $13 and someone made an offer for $10 within 24 hours of listing. My COG was .99, the selling fee was 1.00 and the processing fee was .91. $8.09 was deposited into my Mercari account. After COG, my profit was $7.10. I am trying to make my money back as fast as possible with this Goodwill experiment. I sent offers to likers and gave a whopping $5 off for this fantasy book lot, the buyer accepted for $17 and paid for shipping.  I forgot that my COG was .99 cents and not

What Sold January 15-21 (My First Week Back!) I turned .25 cents into $13.49!

 I can't believe that the same week I started listing I got sales!! There were three occasions, all sunny afternoons at the end of January between 3 pm and 5pm, right before it got too dark to take pictures. I took photos of all new inventory and chose Pango Books and Mercari to start listing.  There has been a lot of promotions on my Facebook page, the social media platform I spend most of my time on. I joined some facebook groups for resellers. I decided on my next paycheck, I wanted to buy my domain. This side hustle was my dream job, maybe being a teacher feels out of reach. But I've always wanted to be a writer. A bookseller, being my own business owner, maybe. Just maybe that's what I can do!  My reselling goal is to make what I made at my survival job. (I got paid $12/hour and worked 16 hours a week. Some weeks I worked 22 hours.) I'll be satisfied if I make any where between $80- $170. I listed a total of ___ books to each platform, and a total of 3 books sold.