Skip to main content

What Sold Jan 1-14 / New Years Yardsale / Thrifted Finds / Family Prayer Center / Thrift Haul


Dana Findwell is a reseller on youtube who talks about how she calculated her COG's. She lists when she went sourcing, where she went sourcing, how many items were sourced, how much I spent in total, and then i can come up with my average cost of good - instead of a line by line item.

i Also want to keep track of when I list an item. This way I know if it took 2 weeks or 2 days to sell. 


WHAT SOLD JAN 1-2



First sale of the year was on Ebay. i purchased these books at the Hospice over two years ago. 


On Etsy, one of my rare occult books sold. I got this book for free from the Free Library. 



There was a New Years sale in my shop and it sold. 



On Facebook Marketplace I had a local sale for a Carhartt hoodie. I made $25 cash. This was Free from the Lost and Found. 


Another awesome sale on Ebay was this lot of horror books. I got these years ago and some of them were for free. It sold immediately on Ebay and i've been trying to sell them individually since October.




I FINALLY listed this Nikon camera i got at the Overton flea market. I bought this with Anna last year, 2024, and I spent $3. I don't think I will count the COG though due to the fact that I purchased it last year and it was in my "money pile" for months. 






Another item that sold that I'm so thankful for was on Depop. It is this Real Tree camo jacket. (I made a mistake and purchased a shipping label instead of using the Depop label the customer bought. No worries, all I do is refund / cancel the pirateship and reach out to Depop support to send me the shipping label, b/c I already marked the item as shipped there was an issue with the shipping label.)

 




In total, as of Januray 5th, I've made a profit of $132.93!!!



On January 1st I celebrated by going to a yardsale on the way to the cat shelter! I spent $30, which is OKAY and JUSTIFIED because I made $25 from the Carhartt hoodie. (I'm waiting until the funds are in my account and the items are delievered before I count my Ebay and Etsy funds.)

This means my business is negative -$5 until I can make some sales!!


WHAT I THRIFTED FOR $30

3 Sellable items = $10 per item


Made in Japan porcelian deer
LISTED

 


I had no business buying this thing, taking it home. It can't be sold and it was recalled.



Panasonic camcorder 

LISTED

this piece of 80's style gaudy jewelry had some rust on it, unfortunately.



a free bag of clothes but honestly they were all picked out by Jade and they are not cute or anything. I'm debating if I will even list any of them, it would take too much time for little return. Honestly, it kinda bothered me since I kept trying to tell my friend that I didn't want more clothes, I had enough, no seriously, I don't want more clothes.



This nebulizer was for me, but then I realized the cord was ripped. A dud

I got this baseball glove, but it was wet, and i think this ruins the leather.


  

I picked up this 2005 GPS expedition device. 

LISTED






On January 3rd, I went to the Family Prayer Center since they had a fill a bag day for $10. (I know. Just because there is a sale doesn't mean I have to shop that sale.) but I had fun. I spent a total of $18.40.

When I showed off these dragons, I was encouraged to keep them for myself. I couldn't leave them behind, even if they didn't have a brand name, the dragons would look great on my bookshelf full of children's literature and fairy tales. 






Here's the clothes I got for $10:


red wool vest
LISTED

VS bra (for me)


army green vintage curdouroy skirt


Eileen Fisher linen dress



under armor red tshirt



Philly Eagles onsie



snow leopard bag


tommy bahama swim top/seethrough

LISTED



kids crocs


madden PS2 game 


moulin rouge dvd (personal)


that's $1.38 per item!! 


some free stuff i pulled this week



hand knit cardigan handmade


two free books






No more spending this week!! Even though I kinda want to hit yardsales this weekend since I think January a lot of people are cleaning out their closets. I've spent $48 on new inventory this week and tonight, Friday night, I will be listing everything accumlated this week by January 8th, or the next time I source next week.


I made $132 and spent $48. I think I will try next week not to go over $20 and look in my money pile. A yardsale is a great idea!! I want to list as many jackets as I can. I am so so grateful, and blessed. Thank you God.

My goal is to finally get a car - so to make 5k in 90 days. 





What Sold 

January 3rd Seamless Member book - ebay sale COG FREE


The long Kiss Goodnight - ebay sale COG FREE


The Martian ebay sale COG FREE




mermaid skirt 



rebecca 


antique books





caridgan






$10 Cash



$10 cash

nike hoodie XL


$20 cash 

wonder nation red puffer 
$5 cash















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free to E-Bike- $54.02

 It dawned on me that I've been making money from free inventory these last two months. It's a risk free way to get into clothes. I think I have sold more clothes than books.  There was the Free Inventory I received from my neighbor. I was able to get more needful clothes for myself, and I've already sold a few items. Then there was the free inventory I got from the school bus lost and found.  I decided to do a fun series where I save up for a used car. I use my Mercari money for my dental transformation and that is a separate series. I already have a video called Mercari Buys Me Glasses.  Here is my video sourcing at the Lost and Found, I've made two: Not everyone Can source here...free inventory Sourcing at the Lost and Found Recently, on Ebay, I sold this Reebok sweater. It sold for $13.00 buyer paid $4.99 shipping. His total was $19.25, and my profit was $8.92. The Nike blue lunch box was a surprise sell for me, so I went back and picked up the other lunch boxes. It

What Sold January 15-21 (My First Week Back!) I turned .25 cents into $13.49!

 I can't believe that the same week I started listing I got sales!! There were three occasions, all sunny afternoons at the end of January between 3 pm and 5pm, right before it got too dark to take pictures. I took photos of all new inventory and chose Pango Books and Mercari to start listing.  There has been a lot of promotions on my Facebook page, the social media platform I spend most of my time on. I joined some facebook groups for resellers. I decided on my next paycheck, I wanted to buy my domain. This side hustle was my dream job, maybe being a teacher feels out of reach. But I've always wanted to be a writer. A bookseller, being my own business owner, maybe. Just maybe that's what I can do!  My reselling goal is to make what I made at my survival job. (I got paid $12/hour and worked 16 hours a week. Some weeks I worked 22 hours.) I'll be satisfied if I make any where between $80- $170. I listed a total of ___ books to each platform, and a total of 3 books sold.

Goodwill Resell for Profit - Did I Make My Money Back?

    On May 5th I went to Goodwill and purchased books to resell in my secondhand bookshop. I spent a total of $24.67 at Goodwill, but $2 was for personal use. I have already made my money back on these books!        I want to take a look at the sales that came through so far, now everything else in my Goodwill haul that sells will be 100% profit. I also wrote in my previous blog post that I hoped to make my money by the 20th, and it's the 22nd.  The first sale was this Rainbow Brite , like new, book. I listed it for $13 and someone made an offer for $10 within 24 hours of listing. My COG was .99, the selling fee was 1.00 and the processing fee was .91. $8.09 was deposited into my Mercari account. After COG, my profit was $7.10. I am trying to make my money back as fast as possible with this Goodwill experiment. I sent offers to likers and gave a whopping $5 off for this fantasy book lot, the buyer accepted for $17 and paid for shipping.  I forgot that my COG was .99 cents and not