Skip to main content

What Sold March 1-7

 I am so disappointed I didn't go back to the Library Book Sale, I only went twice but I did find some great books. (none have sold, but I've learned to wait 30 days for a book to sale when it lists. And now, it's a pleasant surprise when the book sells faster.) I have more than a 90-day sell through rate, which is normal for books. One book that sold has been in my shop for a year, and I know I had it listed prior to that. However, I judge the listing based on the photo. For example, I know I had this particular book listed in my shop - but this particular listing, with the book on the piano, was listed a year ago. It had lots of offers, 36 likes, but I don't think I had it available on Mercari or Etsy or Ebay. Depop is extremly slow for me and because of that it is my lowest priority platform. 


My goal is to have 100 books listed by the end of the day, March 5th. I'm not sure if I have that many photos but I've listed over 30+ books this week on Mercari. I will send offers on Thursday/Friday, or payday for me.


I've been having a lot of anxiety over the cat rescue. And rightly so.


Duncan had to foot $1100 for cat care, all of the orange cats that I dumped on him. I had intended to keep my word and ride the bus three times a week and work with the rescue on social media and selling DVD's - but that has fallen apart because I can't get bus rides schedule/work conflict, and DVD's sell very slowly. I also already owe him money for DVD's, but I don't know how much because I need to look at the DVD sales and separate those transactions. 


The Encyclopedia of Custome Fashion sold for $10 on Depop. My profit was ___


Halo 3 game XBox sold on Mercari I accepted an offer for $7.50. My profit was ____

Glad to get these out of my deathpile, bundled the Uglies book for $4.75. My profit was ____


It's March 5th, pretty sad that I have no good sales, but I don't have a lot of great inventory. I will make a seperate post on what books were listed March 1-7 on Mercari. I do cross list, but I now count crosslisting as ANOTHER part time job. I put all my focus in Mercari because it is my best performing platform. I select my vintage/antique books for Etsy. I select books specifically for Depop. I don't think a crosslisting platform would work for me for those reasons.


Something I took away from Tech n Sports and Craiglist Hunter is to get the money, get it listed and sold within 2 weeks. 

I need to list 100 books each week, and hopefully by the end of week 2, and I also need to focus on my price - what am i confortable selling books for? I have a lot of $2-5 profit items and I need to increase my average sale price to $10 profit per book. Usually I am more lenient on sales price for books because i lov eselling them - I like having copies of Charlote's Web in my store.


I also got my middle school section back and I started Monday. I was able to clock in and easily earn 1 hour and 40 minutes of extra work. No matter what I am getting paid.

The book selling is a hobby. I enjoy it as a hobby and saying "I made an extra $200 this month selling books for fun." but what I need to be saying is "I made 5k this month selling books."

I'd be happy if I made $15-$20 per hour. At my best job, I was brining home $900 paychecks. I wish I could work for a company again, but my brain has been traumatized from years of abuse. Any pressure I react poorly. I am extremly anxious around people, I feel like I have to make myself very tiny, to hide, and I am always the target of bullying/oversharing. Not to mention I have to walk to work. That's why I don't appreciate it when someone says "why don't you walk to Panda Express? Why don't you walk to the bank? why don't you walk to krogers?" All of which require more than 20 minutes to transit, not to mention how dangerous it has been for me lately. 

The danger, the scrutiny, the desire to leave - it inspires me more than ever to sell everything I own and get that damn car. Bus. Whatever is it and get the hell out of here. 

I moved to Henderson TX because i had no where to live in FL, and all I thought was to go to TX to live with someone else. I've been here 10 years, a whole decade, and what do I have to show for it? Just a rundown life. Bridges that burned. Stillness that comes from a broken watch.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free to E-Bike- $54.02

 It dawned on me that I've been making money from free inventory these last two months. It's a risk free way to get into clothes. I think I have sold more clothes than books.  There was the Free Inventory I received from my neighbor. I was able to get more needful clothes for myself, and I've already sold a few items. Then there was the free inventory I got from the school bus lost and found.  I decided to do a fun series where I save up for a used car. I use my Mercari money for my dental transformation and that is a separate series. I already have a video called Mercari Buys Me Glasses.  Here is my video sourcing at the Lost and Found, I've made two: Not everyone Can source here...free inventory Sourcing at the Lost and Found Recently, on Ebay, I sold this Reebok sweater. It sold for $13.00 buyer paid $4.99 shipping. His total was $19.25, and my profit was $8.92. The Nike blue lunch box was a surprise sell for me, so I went back and picked up the other lunch boxes. It

What Sold January 15-21 (My First Week Back!) I turned .25 cents into $13.49!

 I can't believe that the same week I started listing I got sales!! There were three occasions, all sunny afternoons at the end of January between 3 pm and 5pm, right before it got too dark to take pictures. I took photos of all new inventory and chose Pango Books and Mercari to start listing.  There has been a lot of promotions on my Facebook page, the social media platform I spend most of my time on. I joined some facebook groups for resellers. I decided on my next paycheck, I wanted to buy my domain. This side hustle was my dream job, maybe being a teacher feels out of reach. But I've always wanted to be a writer. A bookseller, being my own business owner, maybe. Just maybe that's what I can do!  My reselling goal is to make what I made at my survival job. (I got paid $12/hour and worked 16 hours a week. Some weeks I worked 22 hours.) I'll be satisfied if I make any where between $80- $170. I listed a total of ___ books to each platform, and a total of 3 books sold.

Goodwill Resell for Profit - Did I Make My Money Back?

    On May 5th I went to Goodwill and purchased books to resell in my secondhand bookshop. I spent a total of $24.67 at Goodwill, but $2 was for personal use. I have already made my money back on these books!        I want to take a look at the sales that came through so far, now everything else in my Goodwill haul that sells will be 100% profit. I also wrote in my previous blog post that I hoped to make my money by the 20th, and it's the 22nd.  The first sale was this Rainbow Brite , like new, book. I listed it for $13 and someone made an offer for $10 within 24 hours of listing. My COG was .99, the selling fee was 1.00 and the processing fee was .91. $8.09 was deposited into my Mercari account. After COG, my profit was $7.10. I am trying to make my money back as fast as possible with this Goodwill experiment. I sent offers to likers and gave a whopping $5 off for this fantasy book lot, the buyer accepted for $17 and paid for shipping.  I forgot that my COG was .99 cents and not