Skip to main content

What Happened To the Declutter Deathpile Series?

 There were two main objectives in the Declutter Deathpile series, or The Minn Game:


1. Get rid of clutter by removing items from my apartment. 

"out with the old, in with the new."

 "everything must go" 

"letting go of what no longer serves my business" and not listing items that are not worth my time.


2. complete within 30 days removing 1 pound of stuff on day 1, 2 pounds of stuff on day 2, and so on and forth.

"a weight off my shoulders"

"quantifying how much I let go."

"make sure items are removed by midnight that day"


I had planned to make consistent content, a video update every 3 days throughout the month I cleaned out stale inventory. 

Declutter My Deathpile / The Minn Game / Days 1 & 2 New Years Resolutions

Declutter with Me// Reseller Deathpile/ Days 3,4,5 of The Minn Game

Declutter my Deathpile with Me / The Forgotten Stories / A Poem

Declutter my Deathpile day by day / reseller plays minamlist game



I want to bring back that adorable Minn Game chart I made for this short:

Out with the old, in with the new


Seeing this reminds me that I want to focus on printables to sell to the reselling niche - a wordsearch puzzle full of fun BOLO's and terms, a reselling planner, and reach out to media sellers about my poetry chapbooks. 

Back to the Declutter Deathpile topic - I really want to reach 500 subscribers at the end of this month, so I need to post more videos. I really enjoyed my video The Forgotten Stories, because i shared a lot about myself and why i was attached to books. I think it was relatable. And then the other videos had a fun artsy vibe. 

I want to restart this series because I have accumulated more free stuff. The mantra - only keep things that sell for an average sell price of $20 went out the window. I love trash.

I'm also not sure I want to do the weight challenge, even though I got rid of a lot more stale inventory that way. By day 30, by getting rid of items consecutively, you'll have gotten rid of 465 items. Imagine 465 books out of this apartment! 

Maybe I should just have a yardsale of 465 books and see how much I make from that? Whatever doesn't sell gets donated!!

And in the original rules, I had to get rid of the items by midnight, however, it was hard getting rid of 10 or 15 pounds of stuff when I didn't have a vehicle, then walking to donate these items became time consuming, and time is money, that's when the inception of a needful yardsale came to play. 

I also received comments on my videos from concerned resellers: am I checking the comps before donating? How do I know the book is not worth selling? Lot books up before donating! 

I still want the books OUT of the apartment. 

I still want to get rid of the dirt to dig up the diamonds. 

I still want to squeeze as much money from my deathpile as I can.

I need a hashtag so resellers can follow along. 

"Ask yourself 3 questions (in this order) about each item you get rid of: 1) can I sell it?  2) can I donate it or find someone else who could use it?  3) can it be recycled? If the answer to all three of those questions is “no”, then by all means, please throw it in the garbage."
tokenandbliss blog











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free to E-Bike- $54.02

 It dawned on me that I've been making money from free inventory these last two months. It's a risk free way to get into clothes. I think I have sold more clothes than books.  There was the Free Inventory I received from my neighbor. I was able to get more needful clothes for myself, and I've already sold a few items. Then there was the free inventory I got from the school bus lost and found.  I decided to do a fun series where I save up for a used car. I use my Mercari money for my dental transformation and that is a separate series. I already have a video called Mercari Buys Me Glasses.  Here is my video sourcing at the Lost and Found, I've made two: Not everyone Can source here...free inventory Sourcing at the Lost and Found Recently, on Ebay, I sold this Reebok sweater. It sold for $13.00 buyer paid $4.99 shipping. His total was $19.25, and my profit was $8.92. The Nike blue lunch box was a surprise sell for me, so I went back and picked up the other lunch boxes. It

What Sold January 15-21 (My First Week Back!) I turned .25 cents into $13.49!

 I can't believe that the same week I started listing I got sales!! There were three occasions, all sunny afternoons at the end of January between 3 pm and 5pm, right before it got too dark to take pictures. I took photos of all new inventory and chose Pango Books and Mercari to start listing.  There has been a lot of promotions on my Facebook page, the social media platform I spend most of my time on. I joined some facebook groups for resellers. I decided on my next paycheck, I wanted to buy my domain. This side hustle was my dream job, maybe being a teacher feels out of reach. But I've always wanted to be a writer. A bookseller, being my own business owner, maybe. Just maybe that's what I can do!  My reselling goal is to make what I made at my survival job. (I got paid $12/hour and worked 16 hours a week. Some weeks I worked 22 hours.) I'll be satisfied if I make any where between $80- $170. I listed a total of ___ books to each platform, and a total of 3 books sold.

Goodwill Resell for Profit - Did I Make My Money Back?

    On May 5th I went to Goodwill and purchased books to resell in my secondhand bookshop. I spent a total of $24.67 at Goodwill, but $2 was for personal use. I have already made my money back on these books!        I want to take a look at the sales that came through so far, now everything else in my Goodwill haul that sells will be 100% profit. I also wrote in my previous blog post that I hoped to make my money by the 20th, and it's the 22nd.  The first sale was this Rainbow Brite , like new, book. I listed it for $13 and someone made an offer for $10 within 24 hours of listing. My COG was .99, the selling fee was 1.00 and the processing fee was .91. $8.09 was deposited into my Mercari account. After COG, my profit was $7.10. I am trying to make my money back as fast as possible with this Goodwill experiment. I sent offers to likers and gave a whopping $5 off for this fantasy book lot, the buyer accepted for $17 and paid for shipping.  I forgot that my COG was .99 cents and not